Join us at Priory Lodge 6913
We have vacancies for new members to join Freemasonry in Keynsham. If you would like to join Priory Lodge 6913 which meets on the 2nd Friday of each month from October through to May then we would love to hear from you. If Friday’s aren’t suitable for you then we can find you a lodge which is suitable.
Freemasonry is the one of the world’s oldest non-religious, non-political, fraternal and charitable organisations. We welcome new members who wish to join and become a Freemason and meet on a Friday evening every month.
How do I Join?
You might think that to become a Freemason is quite difficult. It’s actually straightforward. You do not have to wait to be invited. If you wish to become a Freemason and join a Lodge then simply email us by clicking here
After you contact us we will be in touch to arrange a meeting with you to:
• Answer any further questions you may have about Freemasonry.
• Discuss the procedure of joining our Lodge.
• Offer the opportunity of seeing inside our building.
Why become a Freemason?
Every Freemason has his own reason for joining. For many, Freemasonry acts as a ‘constant’, providing them with a unique combination of friendship, belonging and structure, with many Freemasons saying they have made valuable lifelong friendships. Above all and for most, Freemasonry is simply an enjoyable hobby. Other reasons include:
• Achievement – progressing through the offices in the Lodge to become Master and enjoiyng an amazing social life with meals and drinks.
• Brotherhood – making new friends from all walks of life. Charity – contribute to deserving causes, both Masonic and non-Masonic
• Education – learning from peers and mentors by practicing and making speeches.
• Knowledge – finding out about the history and mysteries of Freemasonry.
• Self improvement – making a contribution to your family, society and local community.
What benefits will I get out of Freemasonry?
• You will meet people from very different walks of life.
• Have the satisfaction of helping others less fortunate than yourself.
• Increase your self-confidence and ability to learn.
Who can join Priory Lodge 6913?
• Any man who holds a belief in a Supreme Being. All religions are welcome and respected.
• Is male and normally at least 21 years old. There are special circumstances where those aged 18 years and above such as University students can join, ladies can join womens Freemasonry here www.owf.org.uk
• Does not have a criminal record.
How much does it cost?
You don’t have to be well-off to become a Freemason. It costs less than you may think and is comparable to other organisations. We can let you know when you contact us. Fees are currently less than £200 a year.
Welcome to the official website of the Universities Scheme, a pioneering attempt by the United Grand Lodge of England to help to forge links between well placed, enthusiastic Lodges and the many students and other young people who are seeking to become involved in Freemasonry but who may not know where to begin.
Contact us: Write to: Priory Lodge, Keynsham Hall, 99 Bath Road, Keynsham, Bristol BS31 1SR.